Contact Transitions Project
Contact offer a range of services to families with disabled children. Their latest project is on Transitions and they'd like to talk to families who would be willing to share their story. Points of particular interest are;
• Getting good support in college or university
• Finding a good volunteering or work placement
• Managing a support budget
• Successfully appealing a decision
• Helping their young person develop a particular skill (could be anything)
• Combating loneliness or social isolation
• Using their powers of guardianship or attorney in real life situations
• Having contact with the police and/or the criminal justice system
Your story needs to be one that will either help/encourage others or demonstrate to others how to do something (e.g. talking about your experience of managing a support budget or dealing with a particular situation).
If you'd like to share your story, which can be anonymous, call the Transitions Officer Tracey Francis on 07458 046071.